Sunday, September 29, 2013

Logitech HD Pro Webcam C920 Review






I just bought the Logitech HD Pro Webcam C920 for $89.99 CAD (on sale), and I must say I am very impressed by it already. I purchased it as my main camera that I am going to record with when I do my hardware reviews and unboxing videos of new products.

On the back of the box, Logitech claims to be able to record in full 1080p, and it sure does look like 1080p quality. Of course, software must be downloaded on Logitech's website in order for you to use this camera, but it's an easy process and is definitely worth it.

On both sides of the camera are mics. Yes, there are two mics. That doesn't necessarily mean they're the best quality microphones. But, if you don't actually own any other mic, or headset, the mics on the camera will do just fine. Just don't expect to have crystal clear sound.

Apart from the video quality, one of the best features of this camera is the H.264 compression that comes with the Logitech software. So even through long recording sessions, the software will keep the file to a relatively minimal size.

The software itself is easy to use and to the point. But, I recommend not using the auto focus or any automatic settings for that matter. If you move around while you're recording, the camera will constantly make little adjustments, which will make your recordings slightly annoying for your viewers. When you go into the advanced settings (it's really not that advanced), you can change the exposure, gain, brightness, contrast, color intensity, white balance, and, focus. These are all fairly easy changes, and if you're confused, Google is a wonderful tool.

The front glass, is very fingerprint prone. So try not to touch it when you're adjusting the camera. Just grab on to the mics on the side, and adjust it that way. However, a lint-free polishing cloth will do wonders.

The camera has a Z shaped clip, that doesn't feel cheap and easily fits on top of your computer monitor. You can also attach a tripod on the bottom of it if you prefer that. But, there's no need to go and buy an extra one. The camera is very stable on top of my monitor, and I am very excited to start using it.

Overall, I am happy with my purchase, and I would recommend it to anyone who wants to have a very good quality webcam.

Here's a video review of the product.


No comments:

Post a Comment