Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Finally Able to Play BF4 Beta (Personal Thoughts).

So I finally found time between school work and life to play to BF4 beta and I must say I'm impressed so far. They improvements are subtle, but are definitely noticeable. The first thing I noticed, was when re-spawning, you have view of the entire map and can see what your squad member is seeing (assuming you clicked him). No more blind spawning on team-mates, only to find out that they're in a middle of a gunfight right in the open.

The second thing I noticed was with the Recon class. I'm not sure if they're only able to do this with a variable zoom, but if you can estimate how far away your target is, you can adjust the setting to however many meters you think your target is, and you can them while aiming your cross-hair exactly on the enemy, instead of compensating for gravity. Basically, you're moving the scope up so that when the bullet reaches the desired distance, it will actually hit where the cross-hair is.

Maps seem bigger (although don't quote me on this, because let's be honest, all maps are massive in Battlefield), but one of the coolest things I think, is the fact that there are so many levels. Roofs of skyscrapers are accessible, second story buildings, third story, helicopters, and probably more when the full game is released. This was always something (dare I say it) Call of Duty lacked. I'm not making fun of the franchise, it had a good run and is good for casual gamers who just want to have a quick game of something, but Battlefield is without a question now, out doing it's competitor (at least in my opinion).

Another big improvement that's very subtle, is the fact that you can now have 5 man squads. When I game, I sometimes play with 5 people (coincidentally), and it always sucked when we had to leave 1 man out of the squad.

There's also a hardcore mode now. Although not in the beta, after some searching around on the internet, I was able to find this information. Anyway, reloading in hardcore mode is based off of magazines now instead of amount of bullets. I've always loved this, because without it, everyone reloads after every kill and it's very rare that you actually run out of bullets in a gun fight. This gives a new perspective on game play because now if you're halfway through your magazine, you can either risk it and not reload and hope to get another kill, or reload and risk running out of bullets.

Another cool thing is the fact that you can attach two different sights to your gun. One on top, and a different one on the side of the gun. So, on an assault rifle, you can have an ACOG x4 scope on the side and a RDS on top. This gives the assault rifle or any gun, more versatility, and more possibilities for the player.

There are more details on what they added, and they can be found at this website.

Please subscribe to my blog for more video game news, technology news, reviews and other related posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment